Textile-reinforced concrete is the building material of the future
Advantages of textile reinforcement and building with textile-reinforced concrete:
- No corrosion damage
- Durable concrete elements
- Strength properties five to six times that of conventional steel-reinforced concrete
- Minimal concrete covers allowing for thinner, slender and lighter designs
- More building space is available to rent since façade designs are 80% thinner
- Low transport costs for prefabricated elements
- Easier installation of reinforced structures
- Especially suited for structures exposed to high chloride stresses, such as bridges, parking garages and maritime structures.
Since there are no existing standards for textile-reinforced concrete, solidian has been driving the technology forward with its own general technical approvals in Germany, for structures like sandwich walls, prefabricated garages and foot and bicycle path bridges (in process at this time). In addition, a general technical approval for a waterproof reinforced concrete element with a crack width limitation achieved with carbon reinforcement has been in existence since August of 2015. solidian’s technological expertise combines the ideal fibre materials, impregnation and shaping in order to realise all kinds of customer or project-specific requirements for form and stability.