Textile-reinforced concrete is economically far superior
Long service life, material savings and reduced transport and logistics costs are clear arguments for the efficiency of using carbon or AR glass textile reinforcements. But the relative benefits demonstrated by carbon- or AR glass-reinforced concrete go much further. In the example of façade elements, slim designs allows for big gains in usable space so that every square metre of space is ideally used.
Other lasting effects will be made apparent by the elimination of maintenance and repair work as well as daily tasks around the building: Much easier handling greatly reduces the expense of work hours and staffing costs compared to steel-reinforced concrete.
Example: textile-reinforced concrete façade project
More usable space. More rental income
- Commercial building, four levels, ground plan: 40 m x 15 m
- Net rent: 15 EUR/m²
- Footprint is completely utilised
- Using a textile-reinforced concrete façade gains the developer 7 cm per running meter of wall, thus a total of: 30 m² gained
- Annual additional rental income: 5,400 EUR/year
Example: textile-reinforced concrete maintenance
Easier handling, fewer personnel and less material
- Carbon or AR glass reinforcements are particularly impressive in overhead installations by enabling much easier handling and quicker installation.
- Minimal cover thickness means lower material costs
- Minimal load is added to the weight of existing structures
Example: textile-reinforced concrete façades
Less concrete. More loading space
- Reduction of expensive, high-quality architectural concrete
- Reduction of transport costs, so more loading space per vehicle
- Reducing the thickness of façade panels from 100 mm to 30 mm leads to a tripling of the loading space and transport costs that are three times lower.
Textile-reinforced concrete in bridge construction
Longer service life, no maintenance costs
- Using textile-reinforced in bridge construction, especially pedestrian and bicycle path bridges, eliminates the need for expensive and maintenance-intensive surface protection covers.
- Public sector clients can avoid maintenance costs and benefit from longer service life since textile-reinforced concrete bridges do not corrode.